What’s visiting a country without getting to know its culture and traditions? When we say Bansko, we usually think of it as for skiing, snowboarding or other winter sports. But the town and the region itself have a rich history and culture full of legendary hero stories, dances, music, and sayings that saved the people from losing their roots during the 500 years of Ottoman ruling of our lands. Once you get to know Bansko area’s culture and traditions you will always want to visit it again.
Deshka’s guest house in Gorno Draglishte is a unique place where just for a night you will get to:
– taste some traditional regional dishes;
– see the interesting Bulgarian folklore costumes;
– hear the unique dialect, specific for the Bansko region. Enjoy different stories told by smiling and friendly local “babi” (“grannies”)
– learn the steps for the traditional Bulgarian folklore dance “horo” – holding each other’s hands, dancing in the sounds of traditional folklore music.
There is no place in Bansko where you can get the same experience. Deshka and the other “babi” that work with her, cook with so much love and passion that you will experience some great food tourism.
Your experience will start in our ski shop in Bansko – Ski & Board Traventuria Bansko, where you will meet our local representatives. They will direct you to your driver for the night. After a nearly 25-minute ride, you will arrive at your destination – Deshka’s guest house in Gorno Draglishte. Dinner starts at 19:00 pm.
The duration of the activity is 3.5 hours (including transportation). After that, you will be picked up back from the Deshka’s guest house and dropped off at your accommodation in Bansko.
PLEASE, CONTACT US ADDITIONALLY IF THERE IS SOMEONE WITH FOOD ALLERGIES, VEGANS, OR VEGETARIANS IN YOUR GROUP.
In a case of force major circumstances, the reservation may be rescheduled for another day.
Included in the price:
– Transportation with an air-conditioned vehicle
– English-speaking driver
– Traditional dishes such as “kapama” and “banitsa” (Please, kindly note that you will be served without choosing from a menu)
– Hotel drop-off
Not included in the price:
– Drinks: on spot, you may order the traditional Bulgarian drink “rakia”
– Hotel pick-up
This activity is not private and it may be shared with others.
Price: from 59 euro per person
Departure time: 18:30 from Ski & Board Traventuria Bansko (Bansko Ski Shop)
Please, arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance.